We know you count on us to protect your personal information, and we’ve structured our systems and processes with your security in mind.
How to Protect Yourself
- Always use a complex password for SmartHub and other websites where you access sensitive information. Check out some tips for setting a strong password.
- Your SmartHub password should be different from passwords you use on other sites. That way, if another website is hacked, attackers won’t be able to use the same password to access your SmartHub account.
- Always look for “https://” at the beginning of a website’s address before you submit any sensitive information. This indicates your information is protected with encryption when you send it. All of the pages on our website are secure.
- Make sure you’re using up-to-date software when connecting to SmartHub. Most newer browsers and devices will update automatically; just remember to apply the updates quickly.
- Always use a trusted network when connecting to SmartHub. Avoid using public Wi-Fi, especially when entering payment information.
How We’re Protecting You
- We offer secure payment options online, over the phone, and in person. This includes the SmartHub online portal and mobile app, as well as our secure, automated phone system. Outside of SmartHub, we will never store your payment information.
- We provide a secure website for accessing and submitting information.
- We share information about suspected fraudulent activities affecting CEC members on our website.
- We never sell member information to marketers or third parties.
Want to know more? Here are some resources.
- SANS Cybersecurity Tip of the Day
Check here for daily security tips. The SANS monthly OUCH! Newsletter is also a good source of more in-depth information.
- RSA Conference Safety Videos
Especially helpful for parents, the RSA Conference has great videos that make technology more accessible for everyone.
- have i been pwned?
This website lets you check to see if any of your accounts have been compromised in a known data breach.